Coronavirus (COVID-19) tests are no longer free for most people.
Some people can still get free COVID-19 rapid lateral flow tests from the NHS.
You can get free NHS tests if you have a health condition which means you're eligible for COVID-19 treatments.
You may also be able to get free NHS tests if:
- you're going into hospital
- you work in healthcare or adult social care
For full details, see who can get a free NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) test.
Most people in England are no longer advised to get tested. Find out:
- what to do if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19
- what to do if you've been in close contact with someone with COVID-19
- how to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19
If you still want to get tested and you're not eligible for a free NHS test, you must pay for a COVID-19 test yourself.
You can buy a COVID-19 test online or in person from pharmacies and retailers.