23HSB-E3 - Refresher First Aid at Work - Event 3 - (2 day course)
Please quote course code when booking
- Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Primary Survey
- CPR & AED
- Casualty Handling
- Managing Bleeds
- Head, Spinal Injuries
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Treating minor injuries
- Eye injuries
- Major Illnesses
To attend this course your First Aid at Work certificate MUST be in date. If your certificate has passed the expiry date, you are not eligible to attend this training. You will have to complete a 3 day First Aid at Work course.
A current Emergency First Aid at Work certificate (1 day) is not sufficient to allow attendance on this course.
To meet assessment criteria with regard to casualty handling and CPR you will be required to perform the actions in a sitting or kneeling position on the floor, if you are unable to perform the actions, you will be unable to pass the regulated assessment part of the course and may be offered an unregulated certificate as an alternative.
Other health conditions may also affect the assessment criteria. For further information regarding reasonable adjustments, please visit www.simonsideoutdooradventure.com/firstaid and look for assessment criteria and reasonable adjustments.
- Your certificate MUST be presented to the instructor on the first day of the course. If you cannot prove your eligibility, you will not be allowed to attend
Expected Impact on School/Setting:
- This two day course qualifies successful candidates to give First Aid in the Workplace
- The certificate, approved by (FAA) First Aid Awards, a recognised UK provider is valid for 3 years
Target Group: All staff working in schools
Date/s: 18th & 25th January 2024
Course Deliverer: Outdoor Education Team
Cost: £100.00 - Including Lunch