Support to stay fit and healthy (a better u)
Help others to stay up to date on the latest health and wellbeing advice by becoming a better u champion.
We want to give South Tyneside residents everything they need to:
- feel healthier and happier
- look after their physical and mental health and wellbeing
- make it as easy as possible to take the best care of themselves and others
One way to help residents stay up to date on the latest health and wellbeing advice is by becoming an a better u (abu) champion.
a better u champions
The 'a better u champions' are a group of volunteers who live and/ or work across South Tyneside.
As an 'a better u champion' you can help:
- your family, friends and local communities
- share key advice and information to help people to improve their lives
- us reach people that might not be able to find the right advice themselves
To find out more about 'a better u champions' and what health and wellbeing advice and services are available, see our a better u campaign page.
Sign up to be a champion
Join the a better u champions team and and help to improve the health and wellbeing of South Tyneside.
Sign up to be a better u champion
a better u pledge
When you sign up to become an 'a better u champion', you agree to:
- Keep up to date with information and advice sent to you
- Share key information with your community in a way that suits you
- Encourage people to play an active role in taking care of their health and wellbeing, and the health and wellbeing of others, by sharing information and signposting to useful groups and services
- Share good practice about your role as a champion, encourage others to become a champion and support other champions in your area
- Feedback information on your activities as a champion through regular drop in sessions or by email, and to help the Council to understand what is needed to support your community
Contact the team
If you need help with any of the information on these pages please contact the a better u (abu) team.
To get in touch with the team email firstname.lastname@example.org.