Cycle paths and lanes throughout the area.
- Plan a journey
- National cycle network routes
- Report damage to cycle paths or parking
- Request new cycle paths or parking
- Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan
- South Tyneside Cycle (and walking) Maps
South Tyneside is an excellent place to explore on bicycle.
We have dedicated cycle paths and lanes throughout the area, including along the coast.
To plan a cycling route in the North East, use the Go Smarter journey planner.
The journey planner calculates the best route for cycling, as well as walking, public transport or car.
National Cycle Network routes in South Tyneside include:
- Souter Lighthouse to St Mary's Lighthouse
- Three rivers (Middlesborough to South Shields)
- Harian's Cycleway (Cumbria to South Shields)
- Route 1 (Dover to the Shetland Islands)
- Route 14 (Darlington to South Shields)
- Route 72 (Kendal to South Shields)
For a full map of National Cycle Network routes, visit Sustrans: National Cycle Network map.
To report damage to cycle paths or cycle parking facilities in South Tyneside, email email@example.com.
Include as much detail as possible in your email.
To request a new cycle lane, path or cycle parking facilities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will assess all reasonable requests, and may include requests in plans for future development.
The South Tyneside cycling (and walking) maps cover the whole of South Tyneside.
Download a PDF version of the maps:
Hard copies are in stock and can be ordered by emailing email@example.com.