The Bike Park
The launching event
Come along to the Bike Park launch event to find out more about the the park and sign up for future rides and activities.
What is the Go Smarter bike park?
The Go Smarter Bike Park is one of five centres across Tyne and Wear, delivered by Sustrans, aimed at helping you to choose active, greener and healthier ways of travelling.
We're based in Temple Park, South Shields, NE34 8QN, where we'll be running many activities including:
- led bike rides and walks
- bike maintenance sessions
- cycle skills training (including stabiliser - free)
- cycle hire
- bike buddies
If you're interested in walking or cycling, or if you want to come along and see what's going on, then we'd love to see you.
We're also looking for people to help support the project and for volunteers to pass on their skills to other members of the community.
Half-term holiday activities
- Tuesday 26 May - Learn to ride / stabiliser free - 11.00am, 12.00pm, or 1.00pm.
- Wednesday 27 May - Community bike ride - 10.30am to 2.00pm, from The Bike Park to the sea front and back.
- Thursday 28 May - Bike maintenance drop in - 11.00am to 3.00pm, free health checks and basic repairs for your bike or fix your own bike using our tools and with our support.