Hebburn Hall (formerly listed as Ellison Hall Infirmary and St John's 28.5.48 Vicarage) GV II Ellison Hall masonic club.
Mostly 1790-2, incorporating earlier house in the western part, with some 1819 alterations.
Possibly by William Newton; alterations by John Dobson; for the Ellison family.
Sandstone ashlar with Welsh slate roof.
3 storeys, 9 windows to garden front, 5 to each return.
South elevation to garden : pedimented central 3-bay projection containing 6-panelled door at left under large fanlight; a similar door in centre of right 3 bays; glazing bars of fanlights similar to those of windows; doors and window all have architraves, those of ground and first floors having cornices with bracketed pediments above ground 5th and first floor 2nd, 5th and 8th windows; bands, eaves cornice.
Right return : similar windows; central Venetian double door having stilted fanlight, bracketed pediment to the window above; bands, eaves cornice.
Left return; central door, under 3-pane oblong fanlight; mid C19 bay windows either side; bands at second floor level; eaves cornice.
Hipped roof has 4 corniced ashlar stacks across ridges, 3 at rear.
West wing has extensive cellars.
Interior : cornices to hall and upper hall, dado and C19 balustrade to open well staircase.
Room to left of entrance has ceiling decorated with stucco floral motifs, probably by the Rose family.
Historical note : the manor became the property of the Ellison family in 1650.
(Formerly 2 separate items: Ellison Hall Infirmary and St John's Vicarage).